Oatmeal has truly become one of my favorite breakfasts! Oatmeal is high in fiber and complex carbs and loaded with important vitamins & minerals. There are so many ways you can “dress up” your oatmeal and get a well-balanced meal of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats.
For awhile now, this oatmeal recipe has been my absolute favorite. For breakfast, a pre-workout meal or post-workout meal, it’s never a bad time to dive into this delicious bowl!
Ingredients for my go-to Protein Oatmeal:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 3 TBSP Liquid Egg Whites
- Almond Milk
- 1/2 Scoop PEScience Snickerdoodle Protein Powder (Optional but SO good)
- Desired Toppings
- Add 1/2 cup oats to a bowl and fill with water until oats are lightly covered all the way. Cook for 1:50.
- Add 3 TBSP of liquid egg whites and mix – (May need to add a little more water at this point) – then cook again for 1-2 minutes. KEY: Make sure to watch oatmeal in microwave at this point because overflowing may occur #VOLUME!
- Add in 1 TBSP of Chia Seeds and Protein Powder and mix well!
- Next comes the best part: TOPPINGS! Add in sliced banana, strawberries & blueberries!
- Next step is adding in some healthy fats: almond slices & all-natural peanut butter
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon!
- If you like your oatmeal not as thick, top with a little almond milk!
- DIG IN!
There you have the most perfect protein oatmeal which will keep you full for hours! Truly could eat this every single day- Yes, it’s that good!
(This oatmeal recipe can me made without protein powder & will still get a good amount of protein from just the liquid egg whites)