Omelettes are one of my favorite breakfasts to cook when I have a little extra time in the morning! Lately i’ve been loving adding a Chicken Apple Sausage link to add not only some extra protein but great flavor. There are so many Chicken Apple Sausages brands out there but a favorite of mine is from the brand Sam’s Choice that I get at my local Walmart. It’s low in carbs and fat but high in protein at 15 grams! But truly any of your favorites would work! Now lets get to the other ingredients!
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites (or whole eggs)
- Chicken Apple Sausage
- Sliced Tomato
- Sliced Onions
- Feta Cheese
- In one pan sautée the chicken apple sausage, sliced tomato & onions.
- Add in desired amount of spinach
- Majority of the time I will add the egg whites right into the same pan but feel free to use two separate ones!
- Once egg whites are added cover until cooked 90% through
- Flip omelet and let sit until fully cooked
- Fold omelet in half and flip onto plate
- Lastly add feta cheese and any other seasonings
Lets be real, half the time my omelets turn into more of a scramble…but hey, it all tastes the same! Also could add some avocado on top for some healthy fats! That’s what I love about omelets…theres so much you can do to them! But truly this one is my favorite!
Eat on it’s own or pair it with a slice of toast or two! (When you have an appetite like mine i’m always including some toast on the side) Also because carbs are life.