Zucchini noodles are my favorite alternative to pasta! I’m all for eating the realdeal but I’m also a believer in volume eating and zucchini noodles does just that!
Not only does this recipe take less than 30 minutes but it can also be doubled/tripled if making for a family or want to have some for the next day or two!
- 1 Medium Zucchini (spirale or buy pre-spiraled zucchini)
- 1 Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage (Trader Joes)
- 1/4 CupRao’s Homemade Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Steamed Broccoli
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parsley Flakes
- Spiral zucchini if you are not using pre-spiraled. Heat pan on medium and add one tsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes and “stir” them while doing so. Be careful not to overcook the noodles or they will be more mushy rather than a noodle-like texture.
- When noodles are finished, remove from pan and set aside. Cut up chicken sausage and add to pan on medium heat. Sauté chicken sausage until both sides are lightly crisp. About 2-4 minutes eachside.
- Add steamed broccoli (I used a microwavable bag so it was already cooked) to pan with chicken sausage. Next add back in the zucchini noodles and stir ingredients together.
- Next add the Rao’s pasta sauce and coverover low heat for 2-3 minutes to warm up the dish.
- Lastly remove from pan and serve in desired bowl. Top with parsley flakes and pepper for some extra flavoring. You could also add parmesan cheese!
And there you have a delicious alternative to noodles yet still feel like you’re getting your pasta fix! This recipe can be doubled or tripled if looking for extra or to serve to a family! But also makes a simple, easy and healthy one time dish for lunch or dinner!
Below are pictures of the ingredients that I use and I’m a truebeliever in ingredients over calories!