When you have a lot of zucchini in the fridge, you start to get creative! This morning I decided to change up breakfast and give these zoodle egg nests a try…..they turned out amazing & my mama loved them!
Once again it was SO easy to make! Healthy eating does not need to be complex or hard, another 30 minute or less meal and is packed with healthy fats and veggies! Perfect start to any day.
- Nonstick Spray
- 1 zucchini sprialized
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Red-pepper flakes, for garnishing
- Salt & Pepper
- Parsley flakes, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a cast iron pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large boil, toss the zucchini noodles and olive oil to combine. Season with salt & pepper.
- Divide into two even portions in the cast iron pan and shape into a nest.
- Gently crack an egg into the center of each nest. Bake until eggs are set, between 9-11 minutes. Depending on how running you want your yolks.
- Garnish with red-pepper flakes and parsley.
Serve on its own, with a slice of toast, fruit or avocado!
Nothing like starting your day with a delicious healthy breakfast! Enjoy!