Looking to switch up your regular yogurt bowl? Try making this high-protein chia seed pudding recipe that is also high in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants and tastes delicious! Chia seeds are a great way to get in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential in a healthy diet! Adding yogurt also adds protein to help keep you full!
Toppings can vary but i’m a fan of fruit and also granola which ill share my favorite granola below!
This can be made ahead for a quick grab-and-go breakfast but also can be put together real fast (just needs a little time to settle) for a healthy snack.
Might I add this recipe has very minimal ingredients, you very well could already have them in your house!
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (can sub for coconut milk)
- 1/4 Cup Plain 0% Siggis Yogurt (can sub any yogurt)
- Toppings: Blueberries, Strawberries, Purely Elizabeth Granola
- In a mason jar or bowl combine chia seeds and almond milk. Stir/shake and cover in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once chia seed and almond milk thicken be sure to stir after it sits to break up clumps of seeds that like to stick together. Add the yogurt and stir. Consistency should be a lot thicker now.
- If serving immediently, add toppings and eat!
- If serving later or the next day…place back in fridge until ready to eat! Consistency may even get thicker as the chia seeds continue to expand!
Other possible toppings: cacao nibs, coconut flakes, bananas, raspberries, nuts, etc! The toppings are endless!
Another great meal prep idea that can be doubled/tripled for a quick breakfast on busy mornings! Also make for a great snack when craving something sweet!