Alright alright it may only be August BUT as soon as the weather starts to drop I am always craving a warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning. This summer I have definitely been on a yogurt bowl kick due to the hot weather but when fall and winter start to roll around i’m sure i’ll be back with the oatmeal bowls.
This morning something about a warm bowl of oats sounded so good so I whipped this up and paired it with a side of coffee for a perfect morning breakfast.
Also, the walnuts on top are a MUST…. i’m obsessed!
The egg whites are not 100% needed in this recipe but I’m all about volume food and this adds a ton of volume & extra protein! It makes this oatmeal bowl a well-balanced breakfast of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats!
- 3/4 Cup Quick Oats
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Egg Whites (not needed but adds protein and volume)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Banana (for topping)
- Peanut Butter
- Chopped Walnuts
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, add almond milk and bring to a boil.
- Stir in oats and reduce heat to simmer (since using quick oats it will not take long, if using regular it may take 4-5 minutes). Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add in egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, and chia seeds…..stir consistently until egg whites are fully mixed in.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Serve in bowl and top with chopped banana, peanut butter and chopped walnuts.