Vegetables, as noodles? Yes, its a thing as i’m sure you’re aware! I swear zucchini noodles have taken over the instagram world in the past year or two. Although “real” pasta will always be the tastier options, sometimes all those carbs just don’t sit so well.
That’s where these vegetable noodles come in reaaaaal handy. This was my first time trying any vegetable noodle other than zucchini. Safe to say these butternut squash noodles were a hit!
Made the same bowl for my mom and she was a fan….even asked to have it again the next night! You can buy pre-serialized noodles (like I did) or you can get a spiralizer and do it yourself!
Try this out next time you need a quick, healthy weeknight dinner! Majority of my recipes are for 1 serving because i’m normally only feeding myself, but these can easily be doubled or tripled if serving more!
- 1 bag pre-spiralized butternut squash noodles
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 5 roma tomatos
- 1 Morning Star black bean veggie burger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium sized pan on medium heat add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add kale and butternut squash noodles.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes and stir. Cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side until butternut squash noodles are soft and kale has sautéed. Add cooked broccoli. Remove from pan and place in desired serving bowl.
- In a separate pan on medium/low heat, grill black bean burger on each side for 3-4 minutes until lightly crisp on each side.
- Top bowl with cut roma tomato & black bean burger!
Top with some avocado or cheese if you so please, but it is amazing just like this!