Nothing like a big ole bowl of cheesy goodness am I right? Mac n cheese is a staple for I think every child. But as you get older and realize your body needs more than just carbs, you’ve got to get creative to find ways to amp up your mac n cheese.
I have done that with this recipe & i’m obsessed. I think I say that for all of my recipes but really, there are just too many good foods out there.
Now if tuna isn’t your thing, you can easily replace it with another protein source. But making sure you include some sort of protein is important to keep you satisfied longer & building a well-balanced meal.
You’ve got a great carb source from the Banza pasta, which is already higher in protein compared to most pastas due to being made from chickpeas! You have two healthy protein sources from the tuna and cottage cheese as well as a vegetable from the broccoli!
Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner because it involves barely any cooking!
- 1 box white cheddar Banza pasta
- 1-2 cups brocolli
- 1 can albacore tuna
- 3/4 cup Good Culture cottage cheese
- Cook Banza pasta as directed. When finished and cheese is added, stir in the cottage cheese and tuna.
- Serve in desired bowl & add broccoli.
- Sprinkle with some pink himalayan salt & pepper and serve!