PASTA! The ultimate comfort food! This chickpea fettuccine pasta dish is packed with protein, fiber and made from all real ingredients! Nothing like a big ole dish of “healthy” pasta that tastes like the real deal!
In this dish I even added spiraled zucchini to add volume! Zucchini is a great volume food as it is low in calories yet high in nutrients. This dish can be made with or without it, but adding in the extra vegetables is only doing yourself a favor!
I made this dish as a meal prep for dinners this week but can also be a great family dish to make and serve any night of the week!
Below I will have picture of the brands I used but can also sub for any other favorite pasta or protein you enjoy.
This meal can be served on it’s own or with garlic bread and a side salad! Makes for a perfect week night dinner especially when serving a larger group!
Serving size: 4
- 1 bag chickpea fettuccine pasta
- 1 zucchini (spiraled)
- 4 Aidellis chicken apple sausage
- 2 cup broccoli (I used one of Bird’s Eye microwavable bags)
- 1 & 1/2 cup rao’s homemade tomato & basil pasta sauce
- parsley flakes
- basil flakes
- salt & pepper
- nonstick spray
- Boil water in a medium sized pot. Once boiling add in pasta. Cook for 6-8 minutes stirring consistently. Once noodles are soft, remove from stove and drain. Rinse under cold water for 1-2 minutes. Add to desired serving dish.
- In a medium sized pan, on medium heat, spray nonstick spray on pan and add the spiraled zucchini. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini has a noodle like texture and make sure to stir while doing so. Be careful not to overcook or the “noodles” will be too soft. Once “noodles” are cooked, remove from pan and add to the dish with the chickpea pasta.
- In the same pan on medium heat, cut up chicken sausage and place in pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. When finished remove from pan and add to serving dish with the noodles.
- Next microwave the broccoli bag and add to serving dish.
- Lastly, add the Rao’s homemade pasta sauce to dish and mix until well combined. Garnish with parsley flakes, basil flakes, salt and pepper!