Fall is here which mean sweet potato everything! Although sweet potatoes are the best anytime of the year something about fall just makes them even better. I’m a huge fan of baked, roasted, sautéed…all forms of sweet potato you can think of. And then I decided to try something new….a sweet potato waffle!
I promise ya…..it won’t disappoint! You could take this recipe a sweet or savory route but I decided on the savory because I’ve been digging’ savory breakfasts lately!
Believe it or not these waffles are only THREE ingredients too….so simple and healthy!
- 1 peeled & grated sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- one egg
- Peel and grade sweet potato. Then take a towel and get the excess water out of the grated potato!
- Mix ingredients into a bowl.
- Heat waffle iron and spray generously with non-stick spray. (it can easily stick if not enough)
- Scoop and lightly pack sweet potato mixture onto waffle iron!
- Close and cook for 5-8 minutes or until waffle edges being to turn golden brown!
- Remove waffle and serve with desired toppings!
I served mine with a little mashed avocado and an over easy egg over a bed of spinach/arugula!
You could easily top this with fruit and nuts plus some honey or maple syrup if you’re craving something sweet!