Bringing out all the fall cozy feels with this Apple Baked Oatmeal today. The leaves are falling and Fall is definitely in the air….and this cozy bowl of Oats go right along with all the fall feels.
I’ve always been a huge fan of oatmeal, not only is it a great source of complex carbohydrates, its full of fiber to help keep you full for longer. Oatmeal on its own can be a little bland but there are so many fun ways to spice it up!
This warm, cozy Apple Baked bowl of oatmeal is perfect for a chilly morning. A mix of spices, baked apple and walnut toppings make for a delicious, nutritious breakfast.
Feel free to add your favorite nut butter, other nuts or fruit to this bowl as well! I kept it nice and simple because sometimes thats all you need! Also make sure to use rolled oats instead of quick oats!
This serving size is 1 but feel free to double or triple the recipe if serving more or you want leftovers to reheat for a quick breakfast! This could be a perfect brunch option for a family and takes little preparation!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 chopped Apple
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp walnut pieces
- Preheat conventional oven to 350F. In a oven safe bowl combine oats, almond milk, 1/2 chopped apple, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until oats have soaked up the almond milk & are thick.
- Top with other half of apple slices and chopped walnuts. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Top with some more cinnamon & serve!
Adding peanut butter would take this bowl of oatmeal to the next level so I highly recommend that as well!
There you have an easy, yet incredibly delicious breakfast!