It’s that time of year where you see pumpkin everything! I have to say i’m a huge fan of fall and all the recipes, candles, cooking and holidays that come along with it. I was playing around in the kitchen and thinking of a simple, easy yet delicious breakfast idea for people on the go.
These healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin cookies make a nutritious grab-and-go breakfast or the perfect post dinner treat. They are gluten-free and made with oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and sweetened with honey.
These breakfast cookies are loaded with so many nutritional benefits from the oats, flaxseed and have a natural sweetness from the honey and cranberries. You can shape and size these cookies anyway you want because they will not change size when baking!
Give these pumpkin flavored cookies a try when you need a great seasonal grab-and-go breakfast!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (gluten-free bob’s red mills)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries (Bob’s Red Mills)
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 season sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl mix the melted coconut oil and honey together.
- In a separate, large bowl, mix together oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
- Add pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil and honey.
- Stir until well combined
- On a baking sheet, scoop out about 1/4 cup of mixture and shape into cookie. Repeat until all the mixture is used. Makes about 12 cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet and serve!
Store in an airtight container!