I meant to post this recipe a few weeks back, but Turkey Chili is good all through the child months, not just fall! The best part about this turkey chili, if you ask me, is the bans chickpea noodles! I am definitely one who loves noodles in my chili and these noodles are packed with protein and fiber to keep you full for longer! This is the perfect weekday dinner meal to serve a family! Or use it as a meal prep idea and you have a weeks worth of lunches to go!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 box chickpea banza pasta
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used 93% lean)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can black beams
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Head a large pot over medium heat, and add olive oil
- Once hot add ground turkey and fry until cooked, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the onion and red pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and bring down to a simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasional.y
Feel free to add your favorite toppings such as sour cream, cheese, avocado or any other favorite chili toppings!