If I had to choose one kind of chocolate that is my favorite, it would be recess cups hands down. The peanut butter and chocolate combination of those two just don’t get any better. BUT seeming I don’t have mucccch self control around them, I created a cookie recipe similar to them that satisfies my sweet tooth!
These are the perfect little treat especially around Christmas time! They are made with very minimal ingredients but taste so good!
Give these a try for your next holiday party or to just have on hand when your sweet tooth rolls around!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup PEScience chocolate peanut butter cup protein powder
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- close to 1/4 cup almond milk or until batter is “doughy”
- 1/4 cup 60% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Form batter into cookies.
- About 10-12 or whatever size you like
- Refrigerated for 20-30 minutes.
- Once refrigerated melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave for 20-30 seconds stirring every 10, or until melted.
- Dip cookies halfway in melted chocolate and place back on baking sheet.
- Once all complete, place back in microwave until chocolate has hardened.
I also sprinkled mine with a little pink himalayan sea salt on each of them!