The other day I was thinking of different ideas for a yogurt bowl topping. Fruit always seems to be my go-to, but I was thinking of ways to ampt up the bowl a litttttle more.
Since it’s Fall and apples are in season and my house is loaded with them, I figured why not get creative with an apple topping…so I did just that. Let me tell you, I’ve been having this bowl for breakfast, a snack or even a post dinner sweet tooth treat.
Super quick and easy and leaves me so satisfied. The key to this bowl is sautéing the apples in coconut oil. Not only is coconut oil an extremely healthy fat, but it’s a great oil to cook with compared to many other processed oils. The delicious combination of coconut oil and cinnamon coated on these apples leave them soft and so tasty.
You can also get more creative with the toppings and add other things additional to the apples! I went with my favorite granola brand, Purely Elizabeth, along with a glob of RX bar Vanilla Almond Butter.
- 1 medium apple chopped
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- additional toppings (I used Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Granola & RX Bar Vanilla almond butter)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Once melted, add chopped apple. Sprinkle cinnamon on apples and stir, add more cinnamon.
- Let apples cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. (Apples should be soft yet have a lightly crisp outside).
- In a bowl, add yogurt. When apples are finished, remove from pan and add over yogurt.
- Add additional toppings and serve!