Its the new year and I’m determined to try out new recipes and foods this year! I’ve always been one open to trying different foods but I often find myself repeating the same meals over and over again because hey, if its good I’m gonna continue to eat it!
But going into 2019 I want to try all kinds foods. For example, in this recipe instead of using turkey I used Morning Star brand Grilled Crumbles as a meat replacement!
I’m not vegan or vegetarian but I do know it’s super important to have a well-balanced diverse diet and I love adding different vegan or vegetarian protein sources into my meals.
This simple bowl takes minimal time to whip up and makes the perfect lunch or dinner recipe! There are so many different taco type toppings to add to this bowl but I kept it pretty simple as I do for most of my meals!
- 1 cooked sweet potato
- 3/4 cup morning star grilled crumbles
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 tbsp plain fage yogurt (healthy alternative to sour cream)
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1/4 avocado
- Cook sweet potato. (I like to cook mine in the microwave because its fast. Poke holes in it and cook for 4-8 minutes all depending on size)
- In a medium pan grill the crumbles for 4-5 minutes until hot and cooked through.
- Place sweet potato and crumbles in a bowl.
- Add black beans, salsa, avocado, and yogurt!
Super easy, healthy and delicious recipe! Give this a try for your next taco night!